Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I needed food to help me lower my cholesterol. I created this to add to my daily oat bran intake. With this and other recipes, I was able to drop it 75 pts. I add liquid till the dough is easy to work.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Work oil into flour mixture.
- Mix in water and immediately divide in half; shape into a rectangle and put on 2 sheets of waxed paper with quick oats scattered on it.
- Cover with another sheet of waxed paper and roll out 1/4" thick. You need to work quickly with the dough once you add the water, or you'll end up with a brick.
- Remove top paper, cut with pizza cutter,
- Put on 2 cookie sheets.
- Bake 400° for 25 minutes, shifting sheets top to bottom and front to back half way through baking. Bake till lightly brown. Cool on racks.
These are very tasty but I had trouble getting the dough thin enough. I just love homemade crackers.