Recipe by Anglo Mama in Israel
Chewy and healthy burgers. I usually double or even triple the recipe so I have plenty to munch on. Good with mushroom or onion gravy!
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 cups rolled oats (NOT instant oats!)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring all ingredients except oats to a boil.
- Stir in oats, turn stove to simmer, STOP stirring or it will be gummy, cook 5 minutes.
- Spread on greased flat surface until JUST cool enough to handle and with wet hands shape quickly into patties.
- Place on sprayed/greased cookie sheet, brown for 15 minutes EACH side in 350 oven.