Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These cookies are delicious and trans fatty free.
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups oat bran
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- raisins (optional) or nuts (optional)
- Beat together oil through vanilla.
- Add oats through baking soda and beat well.
- Add raisins or nuts, if desired.
- Drop by tablespoons onto ungreased cookie
- Bake 12 minutes at 350.
- Cool on wire rack.
Delicious!!! Replaced white sugar with coconut sugar. The cookies stayed soft and fresh for an entire week in a cookie tin. My husband liked them! Just eating two was very satisfying.
quick & easy to make. tried it without extra 1/2 cup sugar & texture was very crumbly. replaced with 1/2 cup milk powder & had a better texture. added 1/2 cup each of cranberries and pecans, also 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Lovely aroma & nice & filling to eat. will make again.
Wow - for healthy cookies these are really good, and a great substitute for granola bars on the trail.