Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I can't get my oldest to eat red meat and she loves these meatballs.
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 stalk celery
- 4 large white mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped coriander
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup quick oats
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together very well.
- Place a hand full of the mixture a cutting board and roll out or pinch together to the thickness of a bread stick.
- If the mixture is too wet just add more quick oats or bread crumbs.
- Cut into 2' sections and place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Preheat the oven at 375 and bake for 20 minutes or until there is no pink.
- Serve as a side dish with salad and rice or with spaghetti sauce and pasta.
- I also use this recipe for hamburgers on the barbecue, it is great!
Used ground beef for these meatballs, nice flavours, thanks for posting. =)
I omitted all the ingredients before the ground meat because I was already putting these in my spaghetti sauce, and I used ground turkey. I still thought the meatballs were great. The recipe was easy, and baking was a nice cooking method -- simple and better for the low fat turkey. Not sure if I'll "die for them" but liked them plenty. ;-)