Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I started making this recipe back when I was following a low carb diet. This in not low fat, so if you are looking for that you might as well hit your back button. It is easy to pull together and something different for a side dish. I have even substituted french style green beans for the spinach with good results. And yes, you should use the butter and heavy cream for the best results.
- In a medium skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until onion because soft. (About 2-5 minutes).
- Stir in broth, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Reduce heat and cook until liquid has reduced and coats the back of a spoon.
- Add spinach to sauce and cook until heated through.