Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 60 hrs
Cook 12 mins
these are really good..
Make and share this Nutmeg Cookie Logs recipe from Food.com.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, 1 cup margarine, 2 tsps vanilla, 2 tsps rum extract, and egg, beat till light and fluffy --
- lightly spoon flour into measuring cup.level off add flour and 1 tsp nutmeg --
- mix well.cover dough with plastic wrap and chill 1 hour --
- preheat oven to 350* --
- divide dough into 12 pieces.shape into long rope, shape each piece of dough into 1/2" diameter and 15" long -- cut into 3" lenths --
- place on ungreased cookie sheet.bake at 350* for 12-15 minutes. or light golden brown.
- place on racks to cool.
- in a small bowl, spread on tops and sides of cookies -- if desired mark frosting with tines of fork.to resemble bark --
- sprinkle with nutmeg -- let stand until frosting is set.