Peanut Butter Logs
Be careful not to add too much milk or the logs will crumble.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup honey or 1/2 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered milk
- chocolate chips (optional)
- raisins (optional) or dried fruit (optional)
- coconut (optional)
- nuts (optional)
- Kneed all ingredients together with your hands, adding enough milk powder to form a stiff but not crumbly dough. This may be more or less than a cup depending upon how thin your peanut butter and honey are.
- Optional ingredients can be kneaded in as well.
- Shape into logs about 2-3 inches long and 1 inch in diameter.
- Roll in powdered milk, confectioner's sugar or coconut.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made these with molasses and I thought they were quite tasty, but I think I would LOVE them with honey. My mixture was a little "wet" and I should have added more powdered milk, but I was afraid of the powdered milk taste overpowering. I rolled mine in coconut and made them about 2 inches long, yielding about 20. I think these would work with 1/2 the amount of honey/molasses (for me, anyway) to produce a stiffer "dough" instead of adding more dry milk. I have mine in the fridge, to grab for a quick pick-me-up.Reply