Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is number 400 recipe that I have posted.I hope you seafood lovers will enjoy it. It's relative easy to make a bit expensive but every once in a while it feels good to splurge.
- 3⁄4 lb bay scallops or 3⁄4 lb sea scallops, if large cut in half horizontally,put in boiling water for about 4 minutes or until opaque
- 4 ounces canned crabmeat, membrance removed
- 3⁄4 lb medium-sized prawns, shelled,tail off,put in boiling water for about 2 minutes or until they have just turned pink
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt & pepper
- 13 1⁄2 ounces evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- To Make Sauce-------------------------.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, mix in flour, salt& pepper.
- Stir in both the canned and whole milk, do this gradually so you do not get any lumps.
- Add worcestershire sauce,mustard and onion powder.
- Heat, stirring until it boils and thickens.
- Add cheese, stir until melted and set aside.
- Drain seafood well and add to the sauce.
- Turn into an ungreased 2 quart casserole dish.
- TOPPING-------------------------8r .
- Stir crumbs and parsley into the 3 tsp melted butter.
- Sprinkle over top.
- Sprinkle the 2 tbsp cheese over the crumbs.
- Bake uncovered 350f oven for about 25 minutes or until hot.
- You can do this dish ahead of time, just leave off the topping until the last minute and then pop into the oven about 30 minutes before serving.
Bergy, this was very very rich, every one loved it but could only eat a spoonful, it was so rich. The next time I make it I would just use whole milk instead of the evapourated skim. It was an excellant dish for a Seafood feast buffet. Thank-you for a new dish added to our annual event. Dorothy
Wonderful! I made this for my family at Christmas, instead of tradtional fare. I followed the recipe exactly, with the exception of instead of onion powder I used garlic salt. Everyone raved about this recipe. Delicious. Can't wait to make it again!
This is a wonderful casserole. I used large sea scallops and cut them in half and medium sized shrimp. I also used half & half instead of evaporated milk. Since we are pasta lovers, I served it over broad noodles. There is a little left over, but not for long, I hid it away for my lunch.