Recipe by Bergy
This is number 400 recipe that I have posted.I hope you seafood lovers will enjoy it. It's relative easy to make a bit expensive but every once in a while it feels good to splurge.
Top Review by Derf
Bergy, this was very very rich, every one loved it but could only eat a spoonful, it was so rich. The next time I make it I would just use whole milk instead of the evapourated skim. It was an excellant dish for a Seafood feast buffet. Thank-you for a new dish added to our annual event. Dorothy
- 3⁄4 lb bay scallops or 3⁄4 lb sea scallops, if large cut in half horizontally,put in boiling water for about 4 minutes or until opaque
- 4 ounces canned crabmeat, membrance removed
- 3⁄4 lb medium-sized prawns, shelled,tail off,put in boiling water for about 2 minutes or until they have just turned pink
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt & pepper
- 13 1⁄2 ounces evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- To Make Sauce-------------------------.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, mix in flour, salt& pepper.
- Stir in both the canned and whole milk, do this gradually so you do not get any lumps.
- Add worcestershire sauce,mustard and onion powder.
- Heat, stirring until it boils and thickens.
- Add cheese, stir until melted and set aside.
- Drain seafood well and add to the sauce.
- Turn into an ungreased 2 quart casserole dish.
- TOPPING-------------------------8r .
- Stir crumbs and parsley into the 3 tsp melted butter.
- Sprinkle over top.
- Sprinkle the 2 tbsp cheese over the crumbs.
- Bake uncovered 350f oven for about 25 minutes or until hot.
- You can do this dish ahead of time, just leave off the topping until the last minute and then pop into the oven about 30 minutes before serving.