Daisy's Seafood Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
1 large casserole
- 4 cups mashed potatoes, mashed with
- butter, and
- milk, and
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 -3 cups mixed seafood, cut into like sized pieces (i.e. shrimp, scallops, clams, crab meat, a haddock or cod fillet, use what you have on hand)
- 1 cup diced green onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- paprika (to garnish)
- Cook and mash enough potatoes to make about 4 cups. Add about 2 tablespoons butter, 1/2 cup milk and 1 cup cheddar cheese while potatoes are hot. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large frying pan.
- Add diced green onions, garlic and mushrooms and saute on med./low heat until onions and mushrooms are cooked through.
- Add the other 2 tablespoons butter to pan and melt.
- When it has melted add the 2 tablespoons flour and stir the flour into the mushrooms and green onions.
- Add the cup of milk and stir until the milk starts to thicken.
- Add the 1/2 cup of wine and keep stirring.
- Add the worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Add the parsely and stir.
- Pour seafood mix into a deep casserole dish and top with the mashed potatoes around the edges of the dish leaving a space in the centre uncovered.
- Sprinkle potatoes with paprika.
- Bake for 45 minute to a hour until centre is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and serve.
- A nice garden salad with a raspberry vinigrette dressing goes well with this dish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!