A great change from the usual baked beans. This dish contains ground beef, as well as bacon and three different beans. It is very easy to make and guaranteed to get rave reviews.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup or 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 (20 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (20 ounce) can lima beans (drained)
- 1 (20 ounce) canlight red kidney beans (drained)
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain any grease.
- In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, combine meat mixtured and remaining ingredients. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.