Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great change from the usual baked beans. This dish contains ground beef, as well as bacon and three different beans. It is very easy to make and guaranteed to get rave reviews.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup or 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 (20 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (20 ounce) can lima beans (drained)
- 1 (20 ounce) canlight red kidney beans (drained)
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain any grease.
- In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, combine meat mixtured and remaining ingredients. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
I've made these quite a few times now and they've been a big hit every time. I'm not fond of lima beans so I use 2 cans of great northern beans instead. These have become a family favorite!
This is very good. I followed all the ingredients except I didn't have any molasses or dark corn syrup. Made for Beverage Tag.
I love these beans. They are almost exactly the same recipe my mom uses, and hers are called Calico Beans. I served these at my annual 4th of July picnic yesterday, and my guests loved them. A great hit! Thanks for posting. Made for Zingo! ZWT3.