1/1 Photo of Not Your Mama's Meatloaf - Low Carb & Beefed Up
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I saw this made on Foodtv. I'm not big on meatloaf but DH is so I thought I'd give it a try. It is quite tasty and DH really enjoyed it. I think this could be easily altered for different flavors or cuisines. It is supposed to be a healthier version of the one your mother made. I made this without the prosciutto.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Tomato Sauce Topping
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute (such as Splenda)
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar or 2 teaspoons water
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced (roasted or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 lb prosciutto, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/2 lb provolone cheese, sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In small bowl, combine tomato sauce topping ingredients and set aside.
- 3Add water to sauce to thin, as needed.
- 4In large bowl, combine beef, eggs, cheese, vegetables, herbs & seasonings.
- 5Place meat mixture on a wax paper-lined jellyroll pan or counter.
- 6Form meat into a 10x8-inch flat rectangle.
- 7Place prosciutto slices on the meatloaf mixture.
- 8Place the provolone slices on top.
- 9Starting with the short side, roll the meatloaf up (may need to use the wax paper to help).
- 10Seal ends and place, seam side down, into a loaf pan.
- 11Spread tomato sauce topping on the meatloaf, completely covering the top.
- 12Bake for 75 minutes (1 hour 15 minutes).
- 13Drain fat and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Not Your Mama's Meatloaf - Low Carb & Beefed Up
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.4
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 155.1 mg
- Sodium 975.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 33.9 g