Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Originally from the Rachael Ray Show
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (eyeball it)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 (6 ounce) cansitalian tuna in vegetable oil, drained
- 2 celery hearts, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) canwhole water-packed artichoke hearts, drained, sliced
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, zest of
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add a generous amount of salt and cook the fettucine to al dente.
- Place a small sauce pot over medium-low heat and melt the butter. Stir in flour with a wooden spoon and cook for about 1 minute.
- Whisk in the milk and bring it to a bubble then reduce the heat to low. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. When sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, turn off heat and reserve.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat with the EVOO. Add tuna, celery, onion, artichokes and peas. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until heated throughout.
- Drain pasta and add to the pan with the tuna mixture. Pour in the cream sauce and mix everything together until fully incorporated.
- In a small bowl, combine thyme, parsley, garlic and lemon zest. Sprinkle over tuna mixture and serve.