Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Here is something I came up with after makeing a Apple butter that came out to sweet and didn't want to throw it away and this is what I came up with And it will be my standard meat ball recipe from now on I hope you try it
- 28 ounces of your favorite pasta sauce
- 16 ounces apple butter
- 20 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- 64 ounces frozen meatballs (or use your own)
- Add first 8 ingredients to crock pot and stir.
- add meat balls.
- cook on high for two hours turn down to low for four hours.
- serve over rice.
These are absolutely delicious. I used ground chicken and ground pork. As one reviewer recommended I added a little ground ginger and a little orange zest. Used 3 lbs. of meat and only doubled the sauce. The ratio of sauce and meat was just about right. The sauce is sooooooo good!
We really enjoyed this! I cut the recipe in half. Goes together in a snap! Omitted the liquid smoke. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game.
Great! I skipped the liquid smoke...just didn't have any. Used more tomatoes and pasta sauce to make it a bit more saucy for spaghetti. Thanks dave!