Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
We tried the other Blackberry Barbecue Sauce (#263041) recipe listed by Animate Me. We liked the blend of flavors, but found it too spicy for our taste. So, we made a few adjustments to tame it down for our tastes.
- 5 pints blackberries, pureed
- 1⁄4 cup black raspberry liqueur (like Bol's or Chambord)
- 1 quart beef broth
- 3 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue seasoning
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cayenne
- 1⁄2 tablespoon anise
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- Combine all the above ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer.
- Cook uncovered until desired consistency (about 40 minutes).
- Strain the sauce.