1/3 Photos of Not Just for Breakfast Smashbrowns
So easy to make and downright good, you'll want to make these smashbrowns all the time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil potatoes and garlic in salted water until almost done, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2In a pan, saute the shallots in tablespoon of canola oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 3Coarsely mash the potatoes and garlic. Add the sauteed shallots. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Heat remaining oil and butter on medium in a frying pan. Add the potato mixture and fry until crispy and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Using a large spatula, flip the potatoes over and continue cooking until golden brown, another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Not Just for Breakfast Smashbrowns
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.4
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 57.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 2.6 g