Recipe by Annacia
So easy to make and downright good, you'll want to make these smashbrowns all the time.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Absolutely fabulous and going into my best-of-the-best file. It's so easy and I just love the little crispy potato patties. I had to cook my potatoes a bit longer to get them tender enough to mash. Also, I think I'll peel my potatoes next time. I ended up picking out most of the skins as I was mashing. I lovedddd the shallot and garlic flavors. Yummy. Thanks!
- 3 yukon gold potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes and garlic in salted water until almost done, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a pan, saute the shallots in tablespoon of canola oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Coarsely mash the potatoes and garlic. Add the sauteed shallots. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining oil and butter on medium in a frying pan. Add the potato mixture and fry until crispy and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Using a large spatula, flip the potatoes over and continue cooking until golden brown, another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.