Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Best of Scandinavian Cooking.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, approximately
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- granulated sugar
- powdered sugar, sifted
- lemon wedge
- warm melted butter (optional)
- Beat eggs well.
- Beat in milk and butter.
- Sift flour, measure, and sift again with sugar and salt into egg mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Heat a shallow 8-inch frying panand butter well.
- Pour in about 3 tbsp batter then turn and tilt pan so batter covers entire surface.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Sweeten blueberries to taste with sugar.
- Spoon 3 tbsp of sweetened blueberries in centre of crepe; fold in half and lift to a heated plate; keep warm.
- Repeat, buttering pan before cooking each crepe.
- Serve about two filled crepes to each person.
- Pass powdered sugar and lemon wedges and melted butter, if desired.
Wow! I, too, couldn't believe it was this easy to make crepes. The blueberries were fresh from our garden this morning. This was sooo good although my photo is a little blurry, you get the idea! made for ZWT9 Soup-a-Stars
This is super delicious. I had everything but the blueberries on hand, so it was cheap. And my 8 year old son said this is the best thing I ever made. This made our once a week breakfast for dinner really special. I had never made crepes before and was surprised at how easy it was. I made Recipe #42038 to go along with this. I could see making these frequently in our house. Thank you for this delicious recipe Dreamer in Ontario! Made for team Tasty Testers for the Scandinavian round during ZWT9.
Seriously, is there anything better than blueberry crepes? I think not!! I had company for the weekend and made these for a special breakfast. Every bite was a joy to eat and my son wanted me to make another batch just for him! I didn't add the lemon when serving and we loved them. I have kept this recipe in a special place and you can bet they will be made again around here! Totally yummy!!! Thank you Dreamer for another great breakfast idea!