Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This meal can be served as a complete lunch meal, it is so nutritious. This is my grandmother’s recipe, so it is from the beginning of 20th century.
- 200 g beef
- 30 g lard (or oil)
- 100 g onions
- 30 g carrots
- 30 g kohlrabi
- 30 g flour (all purpose)
- 1 tablespoon paprika (red, dry, sweet)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (red, dry, hot)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 100 g potatoes
- 2 liters water
- Melt lard and sauté finely minced onion until become soft and transparent. Cut kohlrabi and carrot into small cubes and saute until slightely softens.
- Slice beef into small (1 cm in diameter) pieces and add into the pot. Sauté beef in its own juices and after 5 to 10 minutes add red paprika (hot and sweet) salt and pepper. Stir well and add flour.
- Sauté everything until flour starts to brown and add water (it is on you to decide to use all water or not). Add thyme.
- Peel potato and cut into small pieces (1 cm in diameter) and add into the soup. Cook until potato and meat are soft or 90 minutes.