1/1 Photo of Norske Kjøttkaker, Norwegian Meatballs
1 hr 10 mins
"Kjøttkaker" is on every Norwegian menu. I do not use a recipe, so mine taste a little different every time. I wrote down the following recipe yesterday, and the whole family agreed that these "Kjøttkaker" rocks. Note to Nyteglori: Tangy sauce will make it something else. Authentic Norwegian Meatballs have brown gravy .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the onions in a foodproccesor.
- 2Add all the other ingredients, except the butter and gravy. Pulse until mixed together. You can also do this by hand.
- 3Shape 12-14 meatballs and fry them in a frying pan in 1/2 stick of butter over medium heat.
- 4Make the gravy according to package directions. I use McCormick Brown Gravy, Mushroom Gravy or Onion Gravy.
- 5When the meatballs are nice and brown, add them to the gravy and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 6Serve with boiled potatoes and vegetables.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Norske Kjøttkaker, Norwegian Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.5
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 160.8 mg
- Sodium 1072.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 25.7 g