Recipe by HAGT
"Kjøttkaker" is on every Norwegian menu. I do not use a recipe, so mine taste a little different every time. I wrote down the following recipe yesterday, and the whole family agreed that these "Kjøttkaker" rocks. Note to Nyteglori: Tangy sauce will make it something else. Authentic Norwegian Meatballs have brown gravy .
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1⁄2-1 medium onion
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 (1 ounce) packages beef gravy
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the onions in a foodproccesor.
- Add all the other ingredients, except the butter and gravy. Pulse until mixed together. You can also do this by hand.
- Shape 12-14 meatballs and fry them in a frying pan in 1/2 stick of butter over medium heat.
- Make the gravy according to package directions. I use McCormick Brown Gravy, Mushroom Gravy or Onion Gravy.
- When the meatballs are nice and brown, add them to the gravy and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and vegetables.