Søtsuppe – Scandinavian Sweet Soup
Sweet soup can be served either warm or cold, as a dessert or snack or for breakfast. Dried cranberries work well instead of raisins.
- Ready In:
- 5 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup dried apple, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (or currents)
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pitted prunes, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon pearl tapioca
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise (optional)
- 1 cup fruit juice (apple or cranberry)
- Bring water to a steady boil in a large pot.
- Stir in dried fruit, pearl tapioca, cinnamon stick, and star anise, reduce heat to medium, and cook at a low simmer for 25 minutes.
- Stir in fruit juice and heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon and star anise.
- Serve hot or cold (chill, covered, in refrigerator for several hours).
- Garnish with little homemade cookie cutouts, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a delicious, different soup! I used craisins, apricots, dried apples from our tree, prunes and unsweetened grape juice. I'm not sure what purpose was served by the addition of 1 Tb. of tapioca - it wasn't enough to thicken the soup, but I did enjoy eating the little "dots"! Couldn't find my star anise, so added a couple drops of anise extract. Probably wouldn't bother with that next time. I'm looking forward to a bowl of oatmeal mixed with this lovely fruit soup! Thanks, Mikekey - good luck to your Seahawks!Reply