Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 12 ounces egg noodles, extra wide
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 (8 ounce) packages sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove minced garlic or 1⁄2 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 12 ounces beef gravy
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet.
- Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, stirring to break up meat.
- Add gravy and heat to boiling.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
- Serve beef mixture over noodles; sprinkle with paprika.
This was good and very easy to make on a weeknight. I followed the recipe exactly as written but next time I would make some changes. I didn't think there was enough "sauce" for 12 ounces of noodles. I would decrease the amount of noodles. I also seemed that 16 ounces of mushrooms was a bit much. I like mushrooms but they seemed to overwhelm the dish. It did have a good taste to it and I think with the above changes it would be great for me.
Great stroganoff taste for very little effort. I doubled the amount of garlic & used only an 8 oz. bag of noodles (this was plenty). My husband & I loved this recipe! Delicious...thanks RecipeNut.