Cashew Mushroom Stroganoff
- 2 cups cashew nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 medium onions, sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced (about 5 cups)
- 4 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups sour cream, at room temperature
- to taste parsley, for garnish
- to taste paprika, for garnish
- 4 cups brown rice, cooked
- Place cashews in a shallow pan and warm slightly in a 250 degree oven. Keep warm until serving.
- Then, in a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat and saute garlic and onions until onions are soft but not brown.
- Add mushrooms and tamari soy sauce and cook until tender.
- Add tomato paste and mix thoroughly, cooking about 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add sour cream, combining all ingredients well.
- Serve stroganoff over a bed of brown rice, cover with toasted cashew nuts and garnish with the parsley and paprika.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!