Recipe by Sandra Williamson
This is a wonderful vegetable dish that's easy to reheat if needed, can be served alone or as an accompaniment for steak or other cuts of meat.
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper (seeded and cut into cubes)
- 1 large red bell pepper (seeded and cut into cubes)
- 1 eggplant, cubed (no need to salt or peel if not too old)
- 6 tomatoes, chopped (no need to peel)
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree (if not available use tomatoe sauce)
- 3 tablespoons red wine or 3 tablespoons water
- pepper, freshly ground
- 4 ounces pasta noodles
- 3 ounces cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry onion gently in the olive oil for 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, red & green bell peppers, eggplant and chopped tomatoes and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, wine, salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer gently for 10 to 15 minutes, until vegetables are almost soft.
- Remove from the heat and stir in cooked noodles.
- Spoon into a shallow flameproof dish and sprinkle withthe grated cheese.
- Bake in the over for 15 minutes Serve.