Sandra Williamson's Note:
This is a wonderful vegetable dish that's easy to reheat if needed, can be served alone or as an accompaniment for steak or other cuts of meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper (seeded and cut into cubes)
- 1 large red bell pepper (seeded and cut into cubes)
- 1 eggplant, cubed (no need to salt or peel if not too old)
- 6 tomatoes, chopped (no need to peel)
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree (if not available use tomatoe sauce)
- 3 tablespoons red wine or 3 tablespoons water
- pepper, freshly ground
- 4 ounces pasta noodles
- 3 ounces cheese, grated
- 1Fry onion gently in the olive oil for 4 minutes.
- 2Add the garlic, red & green bell peppers, eggplant and chopped tomatoes and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- 3Add the tomato puree, wine, salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Simmer gently for 10 to 15 minutes, until vegetables are almost soft.
- 5Remove from the heat and stir in cooked noodles.
- 6Spoon into a shallow flameproof dish and sprinkle withthe grated cheese.
- 7Bake in the over for 15 minutes Serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Noodle & Ratatouille Bake
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.1
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 25.0 mg
- Sodium 151.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 8.1 g