stunt wife09's Note:
This is my Nonna/Italian grand mothers recipe!!! I make my own broth & this soup is so wonderful I get people asking me to make it all the time! It makes quite a large pot of soup also so you'll need a large soup pot!! Enjoy
My Private Note
1 gallo ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large chicken breasts (with bone & skin)
- 8 cups water
- 8 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 celery, sticks whole for flavor discard after broth is made
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 cup inceni di peppi pasta (teeny tiny pasta that are round)
ADD TO BROTH AFTER YOU MAKE IT
- 2To make broth boil water, add chicken, whole celery sticks, bouillon & boil for 45 minutes take out chicken & let cool, drain the broth into another pan through a strainer. This is your homemade broth, throw away celery & take of the skin of chicken and pull of the meat from the bone & set to the side until ready to add back to broth.
- 4Mix ground beef or g. turkey, egg, parsley, garlic & bread crumbs. Now take a small melon baller to make the same size meatballs every time & scoop put & roll into balls & pan fry until browned on the outside. Set them aside & drain on paper towels after browned until ready to add to broth.
- 6In a small pot boil water with salt & add pasta cook as directed on the box, probably 8 mins drain through strainer.
- 7Chop 2 cups each of celery & carrots.
- 8Now add all ingredients back into broth -- celery, carrots, shredded chicken, lil meatballs & bring to boil then simmer for 25 minutes.
- 9at the end you'll prob add a few more cups of water to the broth & add to handfuls of chopped spinach.
- 10I ALWAYS serve with fresh parmesan that melts in the broth & is delish!
- 11You can always add some fresh basil when serving also! I usually have fresh bread with evoo & italian herbs to dip bread in & this is a wonderful meal!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nonna's Italian Wedding Soup
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.8
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 111.9 mg
- Sodium 1022.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 30.4 g