Cheesy Italian Wedding Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups pastina pasta
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- grated romano cheese
- grated parmesan cheese
- To make meatballs: Mix the ground beef, onion powder and garlic powder.
- To make the meatballs, each meatball is about 3/4 teaspoon.
- I make them small for the soup, but you can make them whatever size you would like.
- Cook the meatballs in the olive oil and when they are cooked if you think you want more garlic powder or onion powder add that now.
- Cook at medium heat in frying pan until cooked.
- Pour off the drippings and turn up the heat and brown them for a good flavor.
- Set aside.
- Put two cans of the chicken broth into a large soup pot.
- Cut the frozen spinach into several smaller chunks (or let it thaw).
- Mix the spinach with the chicken broth until it is all unfrozen and seperated.
- Put the meatballs in with the spinach and broth, set aside.
- Put the other can of broth in another pan, add a can of water, and some salt.
- Heat until boiling, and throw the pasta in.
- Cook until pasta is tender.
- Dump into the big soup pot with the rest of the soup, and stir over medium heat until simmering.
- Serve in small soup bowls and plenty of grated Parmesan and Romano cheese on top.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- The cheese makes this recipe so goooood so don't skimp!
Join The Conversation
Really enjoyed this soup.I made the meatball very small I used pearl barley instead of pasta and added a bit of sweet red pepper that was begging to go into something. I ladled the soup into bowls added the cheese and put it into the oven with the top burner on - It got lovely & brown Mmmm Thanks RecipeNut for posting