Recipe by loveleesmile
From Miss Giada. The sauce was just the right amount of acid with a kick from the hot sauce. I actually doubled the amount of hot sauce and it was really great.
Top Review by MaMere
what a great recipe! i had seen this when giada made it, just never gotten around to it. instead of rice i made this recipe with orzo, browned it a bit first then continued with recipe...yum! the creamy, lemony sauce with just a hint of hot sauce is perfect!
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, divided, at room temperature
- 2 cups parboiled long-grain rice, such as Uncle Ben's
- 3 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth or 3 1⁄2 cups broth
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 lbs small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 cup half-and-half
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium nonstick saucepan, heat 1/2 of the butter over medium-low heat. Add the rice and cook, stirring frequently, until golden, about 6 to 7 minutes. Add the chicken stock and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer covered for 20 to 25 minutes until the rice is tender and all the liquid is absorbed. Remove the pan from the heat and rest covered for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, melt the remaining butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes until aromatic. Add the shrimp, lemon juice, and hot sauce. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the shrimp is pink and cooked through. Stir in the cream and heat through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Using a fork, fluff the rice and arrange on a platter. Spoon the shrimp cream sauce over the rice and serve.