Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this off the package of No Yolks Noodles and was very pleasantly suprprised. You can use chicken or pork. Very quick, easy and tasty!
- 9 ounces No Yolks egg noodle substitute
- 1 (16 ounce) bag broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 8 ounces chicken breasts or 8 ounces boneless pork chops
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic (I use more)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce (I use more)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cook NO YOLKS to package directions Add broccoli slaw at 4 minute mark, return to boil and cook for additional 2 minutes.
- drain and keep warm.
- In large frying pan, stir fry meat in oil until browned about 5 minutes.
- Push meat to one side and add onion, garlic, cook 1 minute.
- Mix 2T chicken broth and the cornstarch in a small bowl, whisk until smooth, pour into garlic and onion mixture.
- Add remaining broth,teriyaki sauce and red pepper to pan and cook,stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils.
- Serve immediately over noodle broccoli mixture.
This is REALLY good! I couldn't find broccoli slaw, so I just regular slaw mix. Once the chicken was cooked, I added the cabbage. Drained the pasta and mixed it all together...YUM!! Seriously good stuff. Thanks for posting.
We really enjoyed this. I made it as written but I did not add red pepper flakes, as I don't like things too hot. This was an easy recipe to make on a weeknight.
We thought this was good enough to make again. I also thought about using sesame oil for the extra flavor. The taste of this reminded us of chicken chow mein.