BBQ Chicken Teriyaki
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 6 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cm piece gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped (can be grated)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (can be grated)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Melt the honey and the soy sauce together- I use the microwave for this.
- Stir in all of the remaining marinade ingredients.
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer in a baking dish or tin.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and then turn the chicken over to coat thoroughly in the marinade.
- Leave the chicken to marinate for two hours in the refrigerator. Turn the chicken occasionally.
- If you are picnicing you can marinate the chicken in a large tupperware container and keep it stored in your esky.
- Cook the chicken on the BBQ plate or grill -5 to 7 minutes on each side shoud be about right. You can baste the chicken with some of the marinade in the first few minutes of cooking.
- NOTE: Cooking time includes marinating time.
Join The Conversation