Recipe by Sackville
I made this after finding pears on sale at my local market. I can't remember exactly how long I baked it for, but I would guess about 20 minutes to a half hour.
Top Review by ShezzaDezza
Very simple and very tasty. I have to double the recipe for the family and end up using a 425g tin of pears often! This means I can also use some of the drained juice (about 1/4 cup) in the crumble, which adds a lovely flavour.
- 6 pears, peeled,cored and sliced
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 pinch ginger or 1 pinch cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Mix pears with some ground ginger or cinnamon.
- Place in a greased pie plate.
- Mix together remaining ingredients and spread over the pears.
- Bake until golden brown and heated through.
- Serve with a dollop of fresh cream or a scoop of ice cream.