Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My husband's step-mother gave me this recipe. She is an excellent cook and this recipe is delicious. It takes some work but it is well worth the effort. This is excellent served with rice pilaf and a nice salad. It makes for an excellent menu at a dinner party.
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup butter, melted and divided into fourths
- 1⁄2 lb lump crabmeat
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) envelope bearnaise sauce mix
- Place chicken breasts on a sheet of waxed paper and flatten to 1/4 inch thickenss.
- Saute until tender: onion, celery, green/red pepper mix in 1/4 cup melted butter in large skillet.
- Remove from heat.
- Add crabmeat, stuffing mix, egg, seasonings, and 1/4 cup melted butter; mix well.
- Spread about 1/4 cup crabmeat mixture onto each chicken breast.
- Roll up jelly-roll fashion, pressing edges to seal.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Dip each chicken roll in remaminig 1/2 cup melted butter and dredge in the crushed cornflakes.
- Place seam side down in a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes at 350*.
- Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or so until golden brown.
- Prepare Bearnaise sauce according to package directions and serve over chicken rolls.
I was looking for something elegant to serve my fiance who loves crab and chicken. Lucky, I found this recipe. It was delicious. The chicken was juicy, tender and flaovrful while the crabmet stuffing was out of this world good. I could not have chosen a better recipe to make for my first recipe from Recipezaar! Thanks peg_lyn, I can't wait to try your other recipes.
There are a lot of steps involved in this recipe but it is worth the wait. This is one of the best stuffed chicken breast I have ever tasted! Thanks for sharing Peg_lyn.