Crab Stuffed Chicken With Hollandaise Sauce
photo by The Flying Chef
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 190 g canned crab or 120 g fresh crabmeat, flaked
- 4 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup sage and onion herb seasoned stuffing mix (paxo brand, or herb stuffing mix)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (26 g) packet hollandaise sauce mix
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup gruyere cheese
- milk (make up the rest of the liquid needed with milk)
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan, add onion, celery and garlic, cook until onion is soft. Add crab, wine, Worcestershire sauce, water, stuffing mix, chicken stock and paprika. Stir to combine, stuffing mix should have fluffed up a bit. Don't worry if some of the breadcrumbs still feel hard, as it finishes softening during cooking time in the oven.
- Pound chicken with a meat mallet to flatten about 1/4 inch. Divide stuffing mixture evenly among chicken breasts. Wrap fillet over stuffing and secure with tooth picks. Place in a lightly oiled oven dish and drizzle a little butter over breasts. Bake for 45-55 Min's on 180c depending on oven.
- Pour mix into saucepan, add wine, lemon juice and milk (whatever the amount says on the back of the pack remember to deduct some milk for the wine and lemon juice.) whisk to mix. Stir over heat until mixture thickens add Gruyere and stir until melted.
- Note: If you want to make fresh hollandaise you can I used a packet for ease and quickness. I have a recipe for hollandaise under Stuffed Fish Rolls With Asparagus Hollandaise just minus the asparagus and you have your basic hollandaise sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Most of the time I fix chicken breasts plain & simple, but once in a while I do like trying a recipe like this one, & believe me, we were very, very pleased with this dish! Absoluetly loved the crab stuffing & although I'm not big on hollandaise, my other half was totally happy that I'd included it! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my groupmates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #41]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a pilot based in Switzerland who loves to cook and experiment with all kinds of foods from around the world. <br /> <br />I love throwing parties and intimate dinner parties especially seeing how much people enjoy themselves. <br /> <br />I love the ooutdoors and sports and to travel, although I haven't crossed off every place I want to visit in the world. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/MEMBEROFTHEWEEK-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr336/jess4freedom/Zaar%20banners/ANZ-MakeMyRecipe.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pictSF7ey-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pick0GuXD-1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n191/bb_babe626/AUST5.jpg alt= /></p> <p> </p> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/deb112.gif/][IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9095/deb112.gif[/IMG][/URL]</div> <div id=_mcePaste style=position: absolute; left: -10000px; top: 1246px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden;>Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]</div>