Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
I have looked at many no bake recipes, but the one that my family makes was given to me by my babysitter, Mrs. Poole. It has always been a favorite. Since it doesn't have as many oats as some of the recipes it is important to cook it enough. Jenny's always come out perfect, but I do better if I cook in a big skillet ( I think it cooks more area at one time).
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- In a pan, stir sugar and milk until dissolved.
- Put on stove and bring to a rolling boil.
- Boil for 1 minute and then stir in butter.
- Stir in oatmeal.
- As you take from the stove, add cocoa, vanilla, and peanut butter.
- Drop by spoonfuls on waxed paper.
This were really good. Enjoyed them more than other no bake cookies I've had since they didn't have as much oatmeal. I also added about a tablespoon of coconut cream and they turned out very smooth and delicious. I will make this recipe again. Thanks for sharing!