Prep 7 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of my favorite egg meals. I do not remember when I have started eating this meal, but I am sure I was very young. It can be nice lunch, heavy breakfast or even supper. It is even better if you use spring onion. This meal has Dalmatian flavor (herbs, olive oil) but you can do it without this ingredients.
- 6 eggs
- 20 g bacon (dried, smoked)
- 70 g onions
- 5 g salt
- 3 g pepper (black, roughly grounded)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Scramble eggs with sour cream in a separate bowl. Add salt, pepper and oregano.
- Cut onion into thin rings. Cut bacon into small cubes.
- Take a Teflon pan; put olive oil and sauté onion rings until soft (it can even get little brown). Add bacon and sauté some more (1-2 minutes).
- Pour eggs, stir and fry until hardens. Serve hot.
Saturday morning favourite, good to mess around with adding things like olives, pancetta, chives, butter, sage, feta or cheddar.
Really good scrambled eggs for "Breakfast for Dinner". Had and used pancetta instead of bacon, green onions instead of large white etc., and added feta and fresh basil at the end. My husband and I devoured the recipe between us. Like the sour cream instead of milk for creaminess and they turned out really well (not dried out when fully cooked).
My DM says thank you nitko for a delicious breakfast - I scaled back for 1 egg and served with some wholemeal/wholegrain toast and the DM said she wouldn't mind having again, thank you once again, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.