Indian Scrambled Eggs With Onion and Tomatoes (Khichri Unda)
photo by JackieOhNo!
- Ready In:
- 3 3 tablespoons canola oil or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 fresh hot green chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Put the oil in a large nonstick frying pan and set over medium heat.
- When hot, put in the oniona nd stir for 20 seconds.
- Add the green chile and tomato, and stir until the onion ad tomato are soft, 2-3 minutes.
- Now add cilantro, eggs, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir the eggs gently until they form thick, soft curds or are done to your taste. Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
DH is a scramble egg fiend, and is always messing about with different ideas.<br/>He does something similar to this...but he was more than happy to give this a go.<br/>He thought that this was great....his description was...'full of different flavours'....and 'mmmmmmmm'. <br/>I thought the colours were amazing, and would have got a photo if DH hadn't been standing ready with his fork, and fearing I was about to get stabbed, I backed off!<br/>A sure fire hit Kate-anything that calms and satisfies a grizzly DH in the morning is a winner!<br/>Made for PRMR.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to eat yummy healthy foods!