Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This was my grandmother's recipe and my aunt passed it along to me.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 2⁄3 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla wafer, crushed
- Cream together the sugar with the margarine and then beat in the eggs.
- Stir the vanilla into the milk.
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Alternately mix the milk mixture and dry ingredients into the creamed sugar.
- Mix together the crust ingredients and pat the crust into the bottom and sides of two (2) 5" X 7" greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- Turn out onto racks to cool.