Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious and fresh pasta dish. Serve with a salad and garlic toast to finish the meal off. It's best to cook the penne when you are cooking the sauce so the pasta stays hot. Enjoy!
- 1 lb penne, cooked as directed (I prefer Smart pasta as it has more fibre than whole wheat and has a great texture)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, diced, drained
- 1⁄3 cup black olives, sliced
- 6 ounces feta, crumbled (can use low fat)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Heat oil in large pan over medium heat. Saute garlic and onions until onions are semi translucent.
- Add tomatoes to garlic and onions and heat through.
- Add olives, feta, parsley, basil and thyme to pan and toss.
- Pour mixture over pasta in serving dish and toss again. Sprinkle with parmesan (optional).
I like the feta and herbs in this but it was a bit too acidic for me.
This was easy to make and full of flavor. Substituted dry parsley for fresh and left out the olives. My family enjoyed this meatless dish for dinner tonight. Made for Went To The Market tag game
Yummy! This really is refreshing - very light but very flavorful - or flavourful for Nif our Canadian chef. *wink* It's so simple and loved the feta in this. Thanks for yet another winner, Nif. Made by an Unruly Under the Influence for ZWT6.