Recipe by Nif
I kept this recipe light but you can add butter if you want to! It's an easy way to make potatoes with a little twist. I find that the salt and pepper are necessary because you don't use the salty butter. Enjoy!
Top Review by I'mPat
We really enjoyed this but I think I would cut the amount of buittermilk back as it was a little sloppy for our tastes but the flavours of the mash were fantastic and really complimented recipe #361010. Thank You Nif, made for 123 Hits tag game.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed (2-inch - 3-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups leeks, whites and light greens, cut into 1/4-inch slices and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, minced
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk, slightly warmed
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, saute leeks in olive oil over medium heat in a nonstick pan until slightly golden, about 4 minutes. Add rosemary and stir for an additional minute or so - until you can smell it).
- Strain the potatoes when they are tender but do not rinse. Add buttermilk and mash or use a hand blender on low (never high!) to mash them. Add most of the leek mixture and salt and pepper to taste ~ important!
- Scoop into a serving dish and sprinkle reserved leek mixture on top.