Mashed Potatoes Zip N Steam Style
A quick and easy way to make mashed potatoes. Adapted from Zip N Steam website.
- Ready In:
- Peel potatoes if desired.
- Cut potatoes into small (1-1½ inch) pieces of roughly uniform size.
- Put potatoes into large Zip’n Steam™ bag and seal bag.
- Pat potatoes into single layer and place in microwave.
- Microwave on full power for 7½ minutes, or until all potatoes are tender and smash easily when pressed.
- If needed, microwave for additional 30-second intervals until all potatoes are tender.
- Allow bag to stand for 1 minute before handling.
- Carefully open bag, but leave cooked potatoes in bag.
- Add milk, butter, and salt to bag.
- Squeeze air out of bag and seal.
- Hold top edge of bag in one hand and mash potatoes by squeezing bag.
- If needed, add additional milk (1 Tablespoon at a time) and continue mashing until you reach your desired consistency.
- Add additional salt or butter as desired, mash until combined.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation