Recipe by marisk
Yummmm! I love these cookies with a bit of bran flakes to give it a little crunch. I get 60 3-inch cookies.
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine and sift flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine oatmeal, bran flakes, pecans, coconut, chocolate chips and cranberries. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter. Add both sugars. Add egg, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir flour mixture into creamed mixture, blending well -- I add a third at a time.
- Add chocolate chips mixture.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. [The amount of cookies you get will depend on how large you make them.].
- Bake at 350 until cookies are lightly browned, about 15 minutes depending on your oven. Wait a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.