Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very good sauce for grilling meats or on top of your meatloaf . This sauce can be refrigerated for future use. We have used this sauce for about 25 years. It was on the back of a soup can. It is very good--the best Iever had,
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons oleo
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In saucepan saute onions in butter until tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- If you want a hotter sauce, you can add more hot sauce.
- Makes about 3 1/2 cups.
We liked this very much. I made it as written and used it to baste some grilled chicken. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2012.