Recipe by Mirj
This is a very pretty salad, be sure to serve in a clear glass bowl.
Top Review by Chef Pollo
This is a yummy dressing!! I changed a couple things to make use of veggies I had...so I only used 1 cup of tomatoes and replaced them w/ radishes and celery and red cabbage. I think to make as written would be best with all the tomatoes, even so, it did seem a little too much dressing. Next time I will keep the dressing to the side. Live and learn! Thanks, will make this again.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon stone ground dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper (or to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, chopped finely
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup blanched fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup yellow tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all dressing ingredients and whisk together well.
- Refrigerate when done.
- (Note: You can thin the dressing with some buttermilk if you prefer) Prepare salad ingredients.
- Starting at the top of the above list, place each ingredient in the bottom of a clear glass container.
- For instance, iceberg lettuce goes in first, followed by the romaine lettuce, the julienned cucumber, the carrots and so forth.
- Don't be afraid to pack or compress the ingredients a bit as you go if you're running out of room.
- If you're serving the salad soon, add dressing when each layer is finished.
- Otherwise, reserve dressing until just before serving.
- When finished, refrigerate.