1/1 Photo of New Seven-Layer Salad
This is a very pretty salad, be sure to serve in a clear glass bowl.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon stone ground dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper (or to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 1Combine all dressing ingredients and whisk together well.
- 2Refrigerate when done.
- 3(Note: You can thin the dressing with some buttermilk if you prefer) Prepare salad ingredients.
- 4Starting at the top of the above list, place each ingredient in the bottom of a clear glass container.
- 5For instance, iceberg lettuce goes in first, followed by the romaine lettuce, the julienned cucumber, the carrots and so forth.
- 6Don't be afraid to pack or compress the ingredients a bit as you go if you're running out of room.
- 7If you're serving the salad soon, add dressing when each layer is finished.
- 8Otherwise, reserve dressing until just before serving.
- 9When finished, refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New Seven-Layer Salad
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.5
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 9.9 mg
- Sodium 94.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stone ground dijon mustard