Easy Entertaining 7-Layer Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 head lettuce
- 6 -8 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 3⁄4 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 (1 ounce) package shredded cheese (cheddar or monterey jack)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- Tear lettuce into a large glass bowl.
- Layer all other vegetables in order given, (start with eggs).
- Prepare dressing and spread over top of salad, covering completely all the way to edges to seal salad.
- Sprinkle bacon and shredded cheese over dressing.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We took this salad to a dinner with my brother and his family. Their two sons (5 and 3 years old) loved it. Everyone went back for seconds and we had no leftovers! Our younger nephew told his Mom that he wanted her to make it some time. The only variation we made to the recipe was to use red/yellow/orange bell pepper instead of green.