Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
i thought i had posted this ages ago, but i guess not. this was originally from womans day 7/91 i've adapted it through the years
- 3 lbs small red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- in a large pot, bring potatoes to a boil with lemon juice and kosher salt.
- bring to boil, lower to simmer and cook 12-15 minutes, until you can pierce it with a skewer or knife, drain and cool for 15 minutes, or until you can handle them meanwhile, mix dressing ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- prepare a large bowl.
- cut potatoes in quarters and add to the large bowl.
- drizzle with vinegar, salt, pepper, stir.
- add dressing,.
- refrigerate 3 hours or up to 3 days.
I liked this recipe because the worcestershire sauce gave it a little zip that ordinary potato salad doesn't have. I added a little less basil, as it's not a favorite herb of my family's. Also I didn't add onions for dietary reasons, but used onion powder instead. Overall it was a nice change of pace.
Excellent! While I love my old fashion Irish version, this potato salad made a spectacular side dish for a summer dinner party. The usual mayo lightened with sour cream and then transformed with fresh herbs, vinegar, mustard, garlic and Worchestershire was delightful. I made the recipe as directed except for decreasing the amount of basil to 1 tbls. I added sliced baby cucumbers as a garnish and sprinkled paprika and parsely on top to accent the red skin potatoes, white dressing and green herbs and celery. I served the salad with Derf's Marinated Flank Steak and Tomatoes Provencale. Chia, my guests, DH and I thank you for this lovely dish.
oh this was good! We eat a lot of salads and this is going in the Tried and True directly. Changed nothing. Perfect as is.