This tastes EXACTLY like Entenmanns crumb cake! When we lived in Jersey, we used to get a crumb cake on Sunday mornings. Can't find it here in TX, but this is just as good, if not better!!
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat eggs and milk; mix with butter.
- In another bowl, mix flour and baking powder, then add to butter mixture.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- For crumb topping: Cut butter into sugar, biscuit mix, and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over batter in pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until done.
- Top with the 1/4 - 1/2 C powdered sugar when cool.
I made this today and it is WONDEFUL!!!!! I can't say enough about it. My family loved it so much, there is nothing left!!!! Thanks so much for such a yummy cake, will definatly make again!! Very easy too!
AMAZING. personally i couldn't stop eating it. loved the slight saltiness of the topping. I divided it and made two, adding seedless raspberry fruit spread between the cake and topping layers to one and leaving the other as is. i didn't spread the fruit evenly in hopes of getting a more home-made, swirled feel to it. if i make it again i would stick with the raspberry version. it was perfect and was the more popular of the two. when it came out of the oven i was disappointed because my topping didn't look particularly crumbly, but once you slice it you can tell that topping is definitely a different texture than the cake and crumbles nicely once you dip your fork in. thanks so much!
Excellent crumb cake. I think it is almost sinful to have it for breakfast, it is that good! Followed the recipe exactly.