New England Stuffed Flank Steak
- Cut a pocket in the thick end of the flank steak.
- Mix carrot, potato, onion, salt and pepper in a bowl. Stuff into pocket in steak.
- Starting at thick end, roll steak jelly-roll fashion; tie with butcher's twine.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. When shimmering, add steak and brown on all sides.
- Add gravy and water, and heat to boiling. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 1 1/2-2 hours until tender. (If gravy begins to get too thick, add more water.).
- Rest meat on a platter 10 minutes, then carve into slices and serve with gravy.