Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Adapted from Dream Dinners cookbook.
Make and share this New England Pot Roast recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs beef chuck roast, fat removed
- 3 cups baby carrots
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 5 large red potatoes, halved
- 1⁄3 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons horseradish
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Spray inside of crockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients and set to low for 6-8 hours.
- Or bake at 325 for 2 to 3 hours.
Awsome. I rubed the beef with the salt and pepper then wrapped it tight in cling-film and let it set out for two hours. Left-out the olive oil. One of the best roasts and gravy I've ever made. Will be playing around with this recipe a lot.
VERY GOOD! Liquid also makes a very good gravy. Be careful on the time though.. I had this in the oven for 2 hours and I should have taken it out after 1.5 hours. Thanks for posting!
What a great Pot Roast! I made as directed eliminating the baby carrots and red potatoes (I served with mashed potatoes and baby green peas). I made gravy by mixing some flour with a little additional beef broth and stirring it into the crockpot about 30 minutes before the 8 hours was complete. I love the addition of the horseradish in this. I will definitely make this again!