Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
Leave it and go do what you have to do, come back and enjoy! I re made this once again and took some GREAT tips into consideration, I made a few changes and tweaked it a bit. Still an awesome crockpot stew !
Top Review by Chef Donzo
I made this recipe and added 2 tsp. beef bouillon for flavor. Still feel it was lacking something. Will try again and add some different spices to help wake it up a bit. 7 hours with my crock pot on low was perfect.
- 4 -5 potatoes, peeled and cut in quarters
- 1 -2 carrot, cut in chunks
- 1 -2 lb stewing beef
- 1 cup flour (aprox)
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes or 1 (16 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (aprox)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (aprox)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oil in pan to heat, while dredging beef in flour.
- Lightly brown the beef on all sides.
- Place all ingredients in crock pot in exact order: potatoes, carrots, beef, onion, salt¸ and pepper, tomatoes or juice, and water.
- Never stir it until it is DONE.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or on low if you will be gone 8-9 hours.