Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a quick and easy BBQ Sauce that is simply delicious. It goes great with beef, chicken and pork. Make a double batch and store left overs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 30 days.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for 1 hour 15 minutes.
a great contribution from some of the best griller's of this age. The vinegar is a necessary ingredient for any BBQ sauce, any BBQ sauce without the twang is just fancy ketchup.
I agree with reviewer Jazze22 that it's too vinegary for a ketchup based bbq sauce. I don't make bbq sauce much anymore, so I doubt if I'll make it again. But if I did, I'd cut the apple cider vinegar in half.
EXCELLENT!!!!! So easy