Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another from the archives. I especially like this recipe because it uses a minimum of butter/oil. You can use any corn, drained canned, fresh, or frozen. Yesterday I used frozen - and I mean frozen, not even thawed! Good for apple fritters too, just add a little more sugar. Like all fritters, these are best just out of the skillet. These are so good, I don't think they will serve more than two people. Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cooking, Volume 1, circa 1965. I believe I might have purchased these twelve volumes, one a week, from the A&P.
- Mix together all ingredients except corn.
- Add 1-1/2 c drained whole corn. Mix all together.
- Heat 2 T margarine or butter. (Add a tiny amount of oil to keep margarine from burning).
- Drop batter by double tablespoons to make small oval cakes.
- Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until brown on both sides. Turn only once.
- The dough is a little wetter than pancake batter; that's OK.
- Cooking Tip: For APPLE FRITTERS add a little more sugar.