Posted by request. Recipe by Jean Pare from "Company's Coming 150 Delicious Squares". Does not cooling prior to frosting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bottom Layer: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine first four ingredients.
- 3Press into a greased 9"X9" pan with greased sides.
- 4Bake for 10 minute.
- 5Second layer: Combine coconut and condensed milk.
- 6Spread over bottom layer.
- 7Bake for 20 minutes or until a slight tinge of light brown begins to show on edges.
- 8Cool before frosting.
- 9Icing: Beat icing sugar, remaining butter and cherry juice together.
- 10You may need more juice to make it soft enough to spread.
- 11Spread over cooled bars.
- 12Cover tightly and store at least one day to soften.
- 13Can be use the same day as baked but will be more difficult to cut.
- 14Yield is 36 bars.
- 17If you do not have cherry juice, use water with a bit of red food colouring with 1/4 tsp cherry or almond flavouring.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Neapolitan Squares
Serving Size: 1 (1150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.0
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 13.1 mg
- Sodium 61.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
maraschino cherry juice