Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted by request. Recipe by Jean Pare from "Company's Coming 150 Delicious Squares". Does not cooling prior to frosting.
- Bottom Layer: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine first four ingredients.
- Press into a greased 9"X9" pan with greased sides.
- Bake for 10 minute.
- Second layer: Combine coconut and condensed milk.
- Spread over bottom layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a slight tinge of light brown begins to show on edges.
- Cool before frosting.
- Icing: Beat icing sugar, remaining butter and cherry juice together.
- You may need more juice to make it soft enough to spread.
- Spread over cooled bars.
- Cover tightly and store at least one day to soften.
- Can be use the same day as baked but will be more difficult to cut.
- Yield is 36 bars.
- If you do not have cherry juice, use water with a bit of red food colouring with 1/4 tsp cherry or almond flavouring.