Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted by request. Recipe by Jean Pare from "Company's Coming 150 Delicious Squares". Does not cooling prior to frosting.
- Bottom Layer: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine first four ingredients.
- Press into a greased 9"X9" pan with greased sides.
- Bake for 10 minute.
- Second layer: Combine coconut and condensed milk.
- Spread over bottom layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a slight tinge of light brown begins to show on edges.
- Cool before frosting.
- Icing: Beat icing sugar, remaining butter and cherry juice together.
- You may need more juice to make it soft enough to spread.
- Spread over cooled bars.
- Cover tightly and store at least one day to soften.
- Can be use the same day as baked but will be more difficult to cut.
- Yield is 36 bars.
- If you do not have cherry juice, use water with a bit of red food colouring with 1/4 tsp cherry or almond flavouring.