Gluten-Free Neapolitan Squares
photo by katii
- Ready In:
- 1 cup gluten-free graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1 (11 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- For first layer, combine all ingredients and press into greased 9"x9" pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 10 minutes.
- For second layer, combine coconut with milk and spread over bottom layer.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 20 minutes and allow to cool.
- For third layer, beat all ingredients together, adding more juice if necessary.
- Spread over cooled bars and store at least one day in an airtight container before cutting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an enthusiastic young chef who loves to experiment!! I love cooking because i have a multitude of food allergies including all nuts and some legumes, as well as celiac disease. Cooking allows me to enjoy the foods i love without worry! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/NewZealandFlax.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> How I rate recipes: 5 star - WOW! This recipe was really good and exceeded my expectations. I made no or little changes to the recipe and will definitely make it again. 4 star - A very good recipe. I quite enjoyed it, but had to make a few changes here and there. All in all, it met my expectations. I will probably make it again. 3 star - An ok recipe. I liked it a bit, but had to make major changes. It may have a good flavour, but the texture was off or something. Usually I don't make three star recipes again. 2 star - I didn't enjoy this recipe. The flavour and texture was WAY off and so were the directions. I will not make this recipe again. 1 star - I don't give one stars! I think they are too mean!